At FORSTAR we understand that our responsibility doesn’t end at selling you our products.
FORSTAR has been working in the area of safe disposal of electronic waste. Since mobiles and other electronic items are made of hazardous constituents under our global policy as well the legislation passed by the Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF), called E-waste (Management) Rules, 2016, which comes into effect from 1stOct 2016. FORSTAR will seek shared responsibility and cooperation from customers in reducing the environmental impact of their products. FORSTAR will comply with all the applicable laws related to E-waste management.
As a part of e-waste recycling initiative, the company will provide E-waste drop off centres or Collection Center and ensure environmentally sound management of electronics that have reached their end of life phase. We ensures proper recycling and disposal of E-waste. This helps us protect the environment from any hazardous consequences, which would be otherwise caused by the inappropriate waste management of E-waste.
Do’s: Follow the instructions for proper handling of end-of-life equipment in our catalogues
- Make sure that your electronic products are recycled only by authorised recyclers/dismantlers.
- Consult your nearest FORSTAR Collection Point for disposing products that have reached end-of-life.
- Drop-off used Mobile Phones, batteries or any accessories at the nearest FORSTAR Collection Point at your cost.
- Separate the packaging materials from the electronic products as per safe waste disposal options.
- Protect the glass surface of any electronic product to avoid breakage.
- Never dismantle your electronic products yourself.
- Never dispose electronic products in bins having ‘Do Not Dispose’ sign.
- Never sell or give E-waste to informal and unorganized/unauthorized sectors like local scrap dealers.
- Never throw your electronic waste along with municipal waste as they end up reaching landfills.
- In case of any queries regarding the proper disposal and/or recycling of electronics, consumers can contact the call centers at:
Contact Us: 0751-7150001